Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

On Christmas eve we went over to one of my dad's friends house. He was taking all of the neighborhood kids up in his hot air balloon. Just as he was about to wrap things up and call it a night, he called my dad over and ordered him to hop in the basket. My dad was hesitant (he is afraid of heights) but couldn't refuse. It was pretty cool. The flame inside illuminated the balloon beautifully. The bright red color looked pretty amazing againt the pitch black sky. It was quite a scene and luckily I snapped a few photos to capture the moment.







Later that night, we put on our church clothes and headed to Midnight Mass at St. Mary's. This is one of our family traditions that I REALLY enjoy doing every year. Jeremy's friends Keith and Brian came along. About an hour before church Jeremy gets a text "Hey. What time does midnight mass start?"...typical Keith.




The next morning we all woke up around ten and my awesome mom cooked us a delicious breakfast as we waited for my dad to come home from work to open presents. (I wish she was here right this second to make that same exact breakfast for me right now...)

We opened presents, listened to Christmas music (for about five minutes before it got over thrown by ESPN), laughed, talked and hugged.










Christmas night my dad cooked a tasty feast. Jeremy's friends and Candise came over, and of course we had a party.






Even though I missed E a TON, I had a great Christmas this year spending it with friends and family. I'm one lucky girl.

- me

1 comment:

IfiHadaHammer said...

Glad you had a good time!