I'm still alive.
I haven't given up on blogging.
I have been overwhelmed with school & work.
I'm going home this weekend to relax, eat some home-cooked meals, and catch up.
I have lots to blog about...
The snow day that we had today completely threw me off. I knew the day we were supposed to go see Wicked was on a day that I had school and I was going to have to rush after class to get ready. Now since school was cancelled today I totally disregarded the fact that tonight was the night to go to the show. I came home from crafting with a friend, got on faceboook, was getting ready to update my status (I'm lame I know), and it hit me! "WAIT! Wicked is TONIGHT?!" I told E. We looked at the clock and it was 6:52. Show started at 7:30. I jumped up, threw a black dress and some teal tights on, slipped into my warmest jacket, wrapped a scarf around my neck, grabbed my boyfriend and we were off to see the wizard!...I can be so corny at times.
We made it with ten minutes to spare! Our seats were perfect. I sat and waited anxiously about five rows from the front, smack dab in the center of the stage. I'd never been to a musical before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Oh. my. gosh. I don't even know what to say to describe it...it was amazing! Every single part of it - the music, the costumes, the singing, the choreography, the sets, the story, the lights, the characters, were all sooooo magical. Of course phones and cameras weren't allowed, but I had Eli sneak two quick pics for the blog. :)
After the show we froze our butts off walking back home. I swear the inside of my nose was starting to freeze. I cannot believe how dang cold it has been here the past two days! It makes me NEVER want to live in a cold city. It is a whole different kind of cold that I have never experienced and frankly never want to experience again!
We stopped at Satellite to warm up for the rest of our walk. It was soooo warm and cozy in there and I don't think I would have survived if we didnt make the stop. brrrrrr!
The rest of the walk we walked arm in arm trying to keep each other warm & talked about how great the show was.
Dexter is approaching 8 months of being alive on Feb. 15th. I figured he deserved a little update post.
At 8 months Dexter...
- is HUGE.
- is just as big of a cuddler as he always has been...this is one of the things Me& E love most about him.
- continues to think that my bed is his bed.
- enjoys nightly belly massages from his father.
- has a new favorite spot that he loves to lay...on top of the dirty clothes hamper.
- has a new hobby - climbing from the bed, across to the hamper, to on top of my dresser...and standing there.
- has acquired quite the manly bark. I heard it for the FIRST time yesterday. I was starting to think it was never gonna happen.
- is still easily entertained by his toys.
- is improving his behavior when going on walks and refraining from jumping on people.
- loves ice. he gets this from his mama.
- watches the mouse move across the screen while I'm on my computer.
- absolutely loves nothing more than going to hang out with his friends at Camp Bow Wow. He wants nothing to do with us once he realizes were pulling up to camp. Kids these days.
- is great at riding in the car (no more mis-haps like the one mentioned here).
- sleeps all through the night. No more funny business waking up during the wee hours of the night. phew.
Me & E went to the UNM vs. BYU basketball game this weekend with Jonah and Jed. It was sold out and EVERYONE was trying to get tickets. It was such a good game! I'll be honest I thought we were gonna get murdered out there. I was just hoping that we didn't lose by more than ten. I have a lot of faith in my team don't I? Well it turned out we stayed pretty even with them the whole game. We were down by thirteen at one point and we both thought they were doomed...until out of no where within the last three minutes of the game we pulled away with a ten point lead. I was yelling and chanting and jumping the entire game. My throat was hating me the whole next day.
We had such a good time. I always love getting to rub it in Jonah's face when the lobos beat the cougars. It's the best. :)
Auntie Hoolia spent the night with me and Dexter last night. Dexter loves his auntie because she plays with him like his friends back at Camp Bow Wow. They played together for awhile, I popped us some popcorn, and then the three of us cozied up on my bed and watched Kourtney & Kim Take New York.
- wouldn't have wanted to spend my friday night any other way. :)
So as I said in an earlier post, here are some pics of a few fab things that I found while thrifting this weekend...
1. A Pendleton plaid wool shirt. It looks, feels, and smells brand spankin new! It was a little pricey for the thrift store, but it was love at first site and I splurged and decided to spend a whole 8 BUCKS on it!...funny when you're thrifting how anything over three dollars is ''pricey''. ha!
2. Next up, just a plain black tee shirt that I bought to match the Zuni sunface ring I got for Christmas. It's nothin too fabulous but it was only 99 cents, so I went with it. I think its kinda cute :)
3. The coziest Ralph Lauren sweater. I love the collar and the pattern and the colors. For only three bucks people! It's soooo soft and warm. Perfect to throw over a tee and some jeans.
4. And last but not least comes my favorite purchase of the day. For five bucks, I am the proud owner of a sweet navy blue vintage dress. I love the buttons in the front and the long sleeves. I think it's adorable.
I'd say it was a pretty successful thrifting day. Happy with all of my purchases...now if only I can get the smokey smell out of my dress I'll be all set. :)