Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thrifty

Seeing as I have been a lazy bum while at home the past week, I think I SHOULD have atleast ten new blog posts up. I'm not really sure why I havent been keeping up. ANYway...

(I can't find the charger to my camera. Therefore my posts from now on will be lacking all of the beautiful pictures that usually accompany them. Devastating, i know.)

Hmmm where to begin.

Well as we all know, I was/am broke for Christmas this year. Me & E did some inventory work for E's dad in order to scrounge some money last minute for gift buying. It ended up being just the right amount of money and we were able to get gifts for our friends and fam. I searched for good sales and attempted to be thrifty.

I was especially proud of my thriftiness when shopping for my friend Candise. I forgot to take pictures, but I'm working on getting some from her soon. I took the DIY route when it came to Candise's present. I was pretty pumped with the outcomes.

I made her a pretty cute (if I do say so myself) cake stand. I thrifted a vintage plate and candle holder. Slapped some glass glue on the bottom of the plate and placed the candle holder in the center and viola! a beautiful cake stand for just under 8 bucks! I also made her a bunting necklace (like the one pictured below). I knocked it off of (an extremely over priced) Anthropologie one and I LOVE it. Candise and I love love everytihng bunting and when I saw this necklace I knew I HAD to attempt it. I'm not gonna lie I was pretty impressed with myself...pictures to come!


(I cant wait to show pics of how mine turned out!)

I picked up a few other things at the thrift store and everything ended up making the perfect little collection of presents.


oh p.s.! I forgot to share the picture I painted for my pops! So some backstory...when we were in Ecuador this summer, we kept seeing a specific type of painting of serranos. All I remember is that there were really bright colors in it and that the people were geometric figures. My dad wanted to buy one, but I told him not to because they were easily 200 dollars and I was pretty confident that I could create the same thing for about ten bucks (I could sense that he didn't have faith). Last week, I searched the internet for a similar paitning to look off of but I couldnt find ANYTHING. Finally, as I became desperate I started looking inside the pictures of markets. I spotted ONE small painting amongst many others in a random market, and I took it and ran with it. What do you think?

(bottom center)

(I changed the background a bit to what I remember the other ones looking like...AND also it looks ten times better in person)

thats all for now.

me.

No comments: