Friday, December 10, 2010

Weird.


It's no secret. I am one weird human being. I would say I get called it at least once a day...Weirdly, it doesn't bother me one bit though. It's who I am and normal is boring.


I love acting weird(E), talking in weird voices, saying random weird things, thinking about how weird life can be (Candise), coming up with weird ideas/stories (Julia), collecting weird things (i.e. a chewed gum collection I started and ended in high school, stickers on fruits, coca-cola bottle caps, and the weirdest of all - my hair ball collection (Katharine)...that is still going quite strong might i add), dancing weird, making weird faces, and the list goes on. 


I love it. and I love that I can totally be my weird self around my friends and family. And I think everyone else should embrace their weirdness as well.


*just a little side story* Last year, in my first grade class, one of my students came up to me (to tattle of course) almost in tears. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that another little girl had called her 'weird' (keep in mind this girl was indeed a weird little thing, but awesome nonetheless). I responded by telling her. "You're weird too? Cool! So am I! " Right then a huge toothless smile emerged from her sad little face, and from then on we had this weird little connection that I will never forget.


Often times, mostly when me & e are bored out of our minds, we find ourselves in the middle of some random, weird madness. We pause for a moment, analyze the weird thing we are talking about or doing, and say "Man, we are so WEIRD." One time E said to me "I really don't think I was THIS weird before I met you?"....haha I love being a weird little couple. I wouldn't have it any other way...


I came across this quote by Dr. Seuss today, and melted...


"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." 



















- me


P.s. I wrote the word weird so much in this post that I am beginning to think that it is spelled reeeallly weird!



3 comments:

IfiHadaHammer said...

Oh how I miss that hair ball! we should have another hairball photo shoot! I love what you said to the little girl. It was perfect!

Anonymous said...

u truly are a weirdo....and I love it! I am really proud of how u can relate with kids...ur sor about the weir little girl made me sad and happy at the same time!

Anonymous said...

ur story