Saturday, July 3, 2010

Culture Shock

After one of the most hectic traveling experiences ever, (getting stuck in Panama over night) we have finally arrived in Ecuador!

I have so many things to write about, but I am at a cyber cafe and don´t have too much time to write. Here are a few things off the top of my head about my first few hours here.

1. You cant drive more than 10 seconds without hearing a beeeeep beep beep. Everyone uses their horns like there goin outta style.
2. There are no such things as ´lanes´ here...hence the constant beeping of the horns.
3. I´ve seen about 50 stray dogs and cats.
4. People put plastic lawn chairs and table outside of their door (store/house) and eat, drink, and listen to music.
5. Soccer games are being played on just about every block.

My time is up. Gotta go! I will try to get on soon and document more of my trip later.

- me

1 comment:

IfiHadaHammer said...

Have fun Maria! enjoy the crazy driving and soccer!