Sunday, June 20, 2010

Compulsive List – Maker

So as I was contemplating starting my blog, I thought about what I could do to ensure that I post often. And it hit me…LISTS! I really think I am a compulsive list maker. Does anyone else feel the urge to make random lists while they’re driving down the free way, sitting in class, at work, laying in bed at night??? Well I do, and I thought I might as well use it to my advantage and instead of writing long boring ol’ posts (much like this one), that I would make lists! (I think I’m brilliant) The thought of it is making my brain go crazy and tons of titles of lists are popping in my head…its seriously a problem and kind of creeping me out now that I am talking about it. Well let me just let you in on some of the compulsiveness…I have countless Word documents titled with different lists ranging from Songs to Play at My Wedding, Birthday Wishes, Letter to Santa (including a list of my wishes for X-mas), Teaching Ideas, good Children’s books, a list of things I wont let my future children do (weird one I know), reasons I love my mom/dad, songs I’m digging at the moment, and many, many more….I have notepads galore all throughout my purses that are filled with scribbles of lists…grocery lists, things to do, random things that pop in my head. I have a journal with way too many ‘list’ entries…ranging from things I LOVE to things I HATE, to my OCD quirks, to Bucket Lists, a list of names for my future kids, a list of concerts I have been to, a list of peeps to invite to my wedding, lists of my favorite movies, a list of movies that I want to see before I die (dramatic I know)…okay I don’t really think I need to carry on with this insanity. I’m pretty sure you get the point. My name is Maria Soto. And I am addicted to making lists.
Ben Harper's set list that Jonah caught at ACL 2009 (pretty sahweeet) 

- me

1 comment:

IfiHadaHammer said...

You fixed it you did you did! And list making is perfect for you. Or you could always write about a big ball of hair. You know updates on it's size and weight, and new pictures of it!