Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brinner

Me & E love having breakfast for dinner (brinner). Juicy eggs, crispy bacon, toast, pancakes, and an ice cold DP to top it off...Yummm! I take great pride in my egg making skills. My dad taught me a little trick a few years ago on how to cook the perfect egg, and I've been makin them ever since. It's really the only thing that I have total confidence in making for other people. ha!



Anyway, I can eat eggs for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. E on the other hand, prefers more of a variety of breakfast foods (and really I dont blame him). So I've taken up making pancakes. I myself am not a fan of pancakes, so I dont know if I'm makin them good or not?...but E tells me they are tasty. I'll take it.


So, the other day I wanted to surprise E and fix french toast for him. I looked up an easy recipe online, and got to cookin. Lazy me tried to memorize the recipe without writing it down and I seem to have gotten some measurements wrong. I accidently put 1/4 cup of cinnamon in the batter instead of 1/4 teaspoon. Minor mistake. ha! I thought it was strange because the recipe said to cook the bread until it turned a golden brown...but after I took the bread out of the batter it was already a dark brown??? I went ahead and cooked it anyway. I left it on the skillet for a few minutes and slapped the pieces of bread on a plate. I had Eli come to the table where I had placed his meal. I was pretty excited to surprise him, until I looked at the look on his face. You could tell he wanted to say something about them, but he was holding it in. After a few bites - ''How much cinnamon did you put in the batter?'' he asks."1/4 cup?...thats what the recipe said!?!'' (I then knew that's where I must have gone wrong).

To sum it up, I was slightly embarrased, and pretty bummed about my breakfast bomb. My best friend who was also over for breakfast, went on to call me Cinnastix, Cinny, and Cinnamon the rest of the morning. :(

But it doesn't end there. I can't end the post without a happy ending.

Tonight I attempted the french toast again. It was a success! I only put 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon this time. They were delicious.

(one hand holding his fork. the other holding his controller.)

2 comments:

IfiHadaHammer said...

Love it! 1/4 cup of cinnamon? dear god I don't know how E managed to choke down more then one bite?!

Anonymous said...

Love this blog Idea, you are so creative, such a way with words, of course im a little biased, love ya mucho!!! :)M