Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wicked!

The snow day that we had today completely threw me off. I knew the day we were supposed to go see Wicked was on a day that I had school and I was going to have to rush after class to get ready. Now since school was cancelled today I totally disregarded the fact that tonight was the night to go to the show. I came home from crafting with a friend, got on faceboook, was getting ready to update my status (I'm lame I know), and it hit me! "WAIT! Wicked is TONIGHT?!" I told E. We looked at the clock and it was 6:52. Show started at 7:30. I jumped up, threw a black dress and some teal tights on, slipped into my warmest jacket, wrapped a scarf around my neck, grabbed my boyfriend and we were off to see the wizard!...I can be so corny at times.
We made it with ten minutes to spare! Our seats were perfect. I sat and waited anxiously about five rows from the front, smack dab in the center of the stage. I'd never been to a musical before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Oh. my. gosh. I don't even know what to say to describe it...it was amazing! Every single part of it - the music, the costumes, the singing, the choreography, the sets, the story, the lights, the characters, were all sooooo magical. Of course phones and cameras weren't allowed, but I had Eli sneak two quick pics for the blog. :)



After the show we froze our butts off walking back home. I swear the inside of my nose was starting to freeze. I cannot believe how dang cold it has been here the past two days! It makes me NEVER want to live in a cold city. It is a whole different kind of cold that I have never experienced and frankly never want to experience again!
We stopped at Satellite to warm up for the rest of our walk. It was soooo warm and cozy in there and I don't think I would have survived if we didnt make the stop. brrrrrr!
The rest of the walk we walked arm in arm trying to keep each other warm & talked about how great the show was.

I loved tonight.
It was wicked.

-me

1 comment:

IfiHadaHammer said...

So jealous that you got to see that Maria!!!